Tips on Floral Exhibits
- Plants will not be accepted unless they have been growing in their container for two months.
- The management is not responsible for the return of exhibits.
- Baskets and container must be supplied by exhibitor and will be given every possible care.
- All entries must be grown by exhibitor, except in arrangement classes.
- Flowers entered must be of good quality.
- The use of or displaying of artificial flowers is prohibited and no premiums will be paid.
Cut Flowers (Annuals & Perennials)
Houseplants (Foliage & Flowering)
Section 1: Flowering Houseplants
Class 1: African Violets - Any color or bicolor
Class 5: Any other meritorious flowering houseplant not mentioned above
Section 2: Foliage Houseplants
Section 3 - Specimen Flowers - Annuals
Class 1: Ageratum - 3 stems
Class 2: Aster - 3 blooms
Class 3: Bells of Ireland - 3 stems
Class 4: Calendula - 3 blooms
Class 5: Celosia
Class 7: Cosmos - 3 blooms
Class 8: Dahlias
Class 10: Gladiolus - 1 spike
Class 14: Petunias - 3 blooms
Class 16: Salvia - 3 blooms
Class 18: Snapdragons - 3 spikes
Class 20: Sweet Peas - 3 stems, mixed colors
Class 21: Zinnias
Section 4 - Specimen Flowers - Perennials
Class 1: Chrysanthemums - 3 stems
Class 3: Dianthus (Hardy Pinks) - 3 blooms
Class 4: Lilies - 1 stalk
Class 5: Roses
Class 7: Any other Meritorious Perennials
Section 5 - Artistic Arrangements
Class 1: Harvest the Fun
Class 2: Childhood Fun
Class 3: America the Beautiful
Class 4: Boys will be Boys
Class 5: Girls will be Girls
Class 6: Wreaths
Section 6: Window Boxes