Open Beef Cattle
REGISTER by July 15th with Stephanie Bastain - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL LIVESTOCKS EXHIBITORS MUST BE RESIDENTS OF NORTHAMPTON, MONROE, CARBON, BUCKS OR LEHIGH COUNTIES on FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS, and all ANIMALS MUST BE PRE-REGISTERED.
- All animals must have an official ear tag or official legible breed registration tattoo.
- No beef cattle showing signs of contagious or infectious disease, including active ringworm, warts, lice and mange, will be admitted to any show.
- Official Health Certificate (AA1-13 or equivalent) must accompany all beef cattle for show or sale. A health chart is valid for the entire show season beginning April 1 and ending with the Pennsylvania Farm Show.
- Interstate animals exhibited at Pennsylvania shows or fairs must meet Pennsylvania requirements and must be accompanied by an Interstate Health Certificate to be eligible for entry.
- Vaccination Requirement All cattle must be accompanied by a health certificate, signed by an accredited veterinarian, that includes a state that the animal(s) identified have been Immunized against BR, P13 and BVD. Animals that have never been vaccinated against BVD or have not been vaccinated against BVD during the previous 12 months, must receive one dose of modified live virus vaccine given at least 15 days and not more than 180 days before the show or two doses of killed vaccine, two to four weeks apart, with the last dose given at least 15 days and not more than 180 days before the show. Animals that have been vaccinated against BVD within the previous 12 months must receive at least a single injection of modified live virus or killed vaccine given not less than 15 days and not more than 180 days before the show. Hyper immune serum may not be used as a substitute for the above vaccination requirement. No animals will be admitted to the show or fair unless these requirements have been met.
- Health and registration papers will be checked upon arrival.
- Rabies immunization Is strongly suggested.
- Vet must add the statement indicating that herd has been examined and found free of infectious or contagious disease.
- All animals must be entered in proper class(es) or no premium awarded.
- When on exhibition on the fairgrounds and in the show ring, animals just be under halter and owner or owners representative must be responsible for animal.
Section 1 - Market Steers: 900lbs or more
Section 2 - Feeder Steers: 300-899lbs.
Section 3 - Dairy Steers
All calves just be castrated and tagged by June 1st.
Section 4 - Breeding Beef
- Spring heifer calf - calved after March 1st
- Junior heifer calf - calved between January 1st and February 28th
- Champion Junior Female Calf
- Reserve Champ Junior Female Calf
- Winter heifer calf - calved between November 1st and December 31st.
- Senior heifer calf - calved between September 1st and October 31st
- Champion Senior Female Calf
- Reserve Champ Senior Female Calf
- Late Summer yearling heifer-calved between July 1st and August 31st
- Summer yearling heifer - calved between May 1st and June 30th
- Champion Intermediate Female
- Reserve Champ Intermediate Female
- Late spring yearling heifer - calved between April 1 - April 30
- Early spring yearling heifer - calved between March 1 - March 31
- Champion Junior Yearling Female
- Reserve Champ Junior Yearling Female
- Junior yearling heifer - calved between January 1st and February 28th
- Senior yearling heifer - calved between September 1st and December 31st
- Senior yearling heifer - calved between September 2 - December 31
- Champion Senior Female
- Reserve Champion Senior Female
- Grand Champion Female
- Reserve Champion Female
- Cow / Calf Pair
- Spring bull calf - calved after March 1
- Junior bull calf - calved between Jan 1 - Feb 28
- Grand Champion Bull
- Reserve Champ Bull
Section 5 - Fitting and Showmanship
- Junior Showmanship
- Intermediate Showmanship
- Senior Showmanship
- Junior Fitting
- Intermediate Fitting
- Senior Fitting